This page gathers important information about the coronavirus outbreak and solutions used by the department to minimise the spread of the virus. All information will be in English to save time for the administration so that we can publish as quickly as possible.
If you have any questions related to the Coronavirus outbreak and your studies, please contact us through phone or email:
General information and guidelines
From Lund University
From Lund School of Economics and Management
From the Swedish Government
The Department of Economics - courses
The course structure this autumn is characterised by online teaching mixed with some campus activities until further notice. Please check each course site on Canvas for more details when it comes to the teaching elements within each course.
The digital format may be as follows:
- Lectures on campus: There will be some campus activities for small student groups during the first part of the autumn (regular lectures, seminars, exercises etc.). Please keep a social distance during these events.
- On-line lectures: The format may differ across courses, but most lectures consists of pre-prepared videos and presentations published on Canvas.
- On-line chats: The lack of interactions during pre-prepared lecture will be redressed by “on-line office-hours” and/or Q&As so that students could communicate directly with the lecturer.
- On-line material: Notes and slides will be published on Canvas.
- Group exercises: Assignments are published as usual on Canvas. Students will thereafter be able to establish chat-rooms (using Canvas or Zoom) and they could also use Google docs in order to facilitate group assignments (see links below).
- Computer exercises: Lecturers and/or teaching assistants may establish an on-line helpdesk (chat-room) and/or stream the exercise through Zoom/Canvas.
Links to digital solutions used in our courses
The Canvas Team gathers relevant information needed to use the digital tools used by the department (e.g. Canvas Conferences and Zoom).