This page gathers important information about the coronavirus outbreak and solutions used by the department to minimise the spread of the virus.
If you have any questions related to the Coronavirus outbreak and your studies, please contact us through phone or email:
General information and guidelines
From Lund University
From Lund School of Economics and Management
From the Swedish Government
The Department of Economics
The University have updated their guidelines on January, 19 - 2021
The guidelines are implemented to reduce the spread of Covid-19 and they may be summarised as follows:
- All teaching, examinations and supervisions should be online without any physical presence in the university’s premises. Only teaching elements that cannot be done online may get a permission from the dean to take place on campus.
- All seminars, conferences and meetings should take place online, which implies no hybrid meetings.
- No business travels, except for those deemed necessary.
- No visitors, which includes suppliers and craftsmen.
This decision has now been extended until further notice.
The restrictions remain, and the spring semester starts out online
Teaching and examination at LUSEM needs to be conducted online as far as possible, during the initial ten weeks of the spring semester.
Please check each course sites on Canvas for more details when it comes to the teaching elements within each course.
The digital format may be as follows:
- On-line lectures: The format may differ across courses, but most lectures consists of pre-prepared videos and presentations published on Canvas.
- On-line chats: The lack of interactions during pre-prepared lecture will be redressed by “on-line office-hours” and/or Q&As so that students could communicate directly with the lecturer.
- On-line material: Notes and slides will be published on Canvas.
- Group exercises: Assignments are published as usual on Canvas. Students will thereafter be able to establish chat-rooms (using Canvas or Zoom) and they could also use Google docs in order to facilitate group assignments (see links below).
- Computer exercises: Lecturers and/or teaching assistants may establish an on-line helpdesk (chat-room) and/or stream the exercise through Zoom/Canvas.
Links to digital solutions used in our courses
The Canvas Team gathers relevant information needed to use the digital tools used by the department (e.g. Canvas Conferences and Zoom).