This page gathers important information about the coronavirus outbreak and solutions used by the department to minimise the spread of the virus. All information will be in English to save time for the administration so that we can publish as quickly as possible.
If you have any questions related to the Coronavirus outbreak and your studies, please contact us through phone or email:
Phone: +46 46 2228660
General information and guidelines
- From Lund University: https://www.staff.lu.se/article/information-about-the-coronavirus-for-staff-and-students
- From LUSEM: https://lusem.lu.se/news/information-regarding-travel-examination-and-teaching-in-relation-to-the-continued-spread-of-the-coronavirus-covid-19
- From the Swedish government:
In Swedish: https://www.krisinformation.se/detta-kan-handa/handelser-och-storningar/20192/myndigheterna-om-det-nya-coronaviruset
In English: https://www.krisinformation.se/en/hazards-and-risks/disasters-and-incidents/2020/official-information-on-the-new-coronavirus
The Department of Economics
We have moved to online teaching, seminars, and examinations until further notice, which includes the retake exams and essay-seminars in August.
Eligibility for courses and further studies
For most courses and programmes, you need to fulfil certain prerequisites to be eligible. If some of you, due to the current situation, are unable to fulfil certain parts of the prerequisites for some course or programme during the present of the forthcoming semester, there will be a greater degree of flexibility in giving dispensation to take the course even if the prerequisites are not completely fulfilled. If this is applicable, please contact the Study director.
Digital solutions at the Department of Economics
All physical lectures are cancelled for the courses taught during the second half of the Spring semester until further notice. Instead, we will offer sufficient digital support so that students are able to follow our courses.
The digital format may differ across courses, but the tools used will basically be as follows:
- Lectures: No physical lectures will take place until further notice.
- On-line lectures: Although the format may differ across courses, most lectures consists of pre-prepared videos and presentations published on Canvas.
- On-line chats: The lack of interactions during an on-line lecture will be redressed by “on-line office-hours” or Q&As so that students can put questions directly to the lecturer through Zoom.
- On-line material: Notes and slides will be published in Canvas.
- Group exercises: Assignments are published as usual on Canvas. Students will thereafter be able to establish chat-rooms in Canvas or Zoom, and they could also use Google docs in order to facilitate group assignments (see links below).
- Computer exercises: Lecturers and/or teaching assistants may establish an on-line helpdesk (chat-room) and/or stream the exercise through Zoom/Canvas.
Links to our digital solutions used in our courses
The Canvas Team gathers relevant information needed to use the digital tools used by the department (e.g. Canvas Conferences and Zoom) on this page:
- Swedish version: https://canvas.education.lu.se/courses/4406
- English version: https://canvas.education.lu.se/courses/4454